Sleep apnea is an obstructive sleep disorder that occurs when the airway to the lungs is blocked.
The Mandibular Advancement Device, also commonly known as MAD is a dental device used to combat sleep disorders among patients who suffer from mild to extreme cases of sleep apnea. The device works by ensuring to open the airway to the lungs while the person sleeps which otherwise doesn’t in the case of sleep apnea patients.
Why do we recommend MAD?
We understand the troublesome nature of patients who suffer from sleep apnea. While it is difficult to have a heavy equipment around the patient, a simple mold such as this would help to subside and reduce the effects of sleep apnea.
- Mandibular Advancement Device is an easy-to-use device that is compact and travel-friendly.
- It helps to curb sleep apnea.
- It can be easily inserted into the mouth.
- Helps to combat severe snoring issues.
How does MAD work?
The Mandibular Advancement Device works by pushing the jaw into the right place allowing smooth passage of oxygen into the lungs of the patient. As this happens, the patient will find it comfortable to breathe and inhale oxygen into the body. This will prevent snoring, which occurs otherwise due to disruption of the airway passage.
What is the procedure for getting MAD?
- A sleep study will be conducted by your medical doctor to analyze the patient's sleep patterns.
- Once a patient is diagnosed with sleep apnea by a doctor, we will start treatment with MAD. A mold would be inserted into the mouth of the patient. This mold will cover the upper and lower jaws of the mouth.
- It will be customized to serve the patient’s need. The Mandibular Advancement Device will be constructed to ensure normal breathing patterns in patients.
- Follow-ups will be conducted to review any signs of improvement in the patient’s sleeping pattern.